II Hands-On Course dates: 12th - 15th June 2012
Hands on Course in Ultrafast Sample treatment for Proteomics: From protein identification to quantification, Facultad de Ciencias de Ourense – Universidade de Vigo, Spain
Maximum 10 people. Course registration will be done by request order.
Attention: The course will be given in English and Spanish.
An intensive laboratory and lecture course will be given focus on the following protein-related themes:
- Protein separation by one dimensional gel electrophoresis (1D-GE) and bi-dimensional gel electrophoresis (2D-GE)
- Protein quantification by UV-spectroscopy
- New sample treatments for protein identification
- Peptide separation by HPLC
- Mass Spectrometry of proteins - MALDI-TOF-MS
- Bioinformatics tools for proteomics - Databases and search engines
The overall aim of the course is to provide each student with the fundamental knowledge and hands-on experience necessary to be able to perform and analyze protein experiments, from purification and identification, and to learn to identify new opportunities in applying protein-related studies to his/her own research.